Tuesday 9 November 2010

Thanks to all the Kind Parishoners and our Priest

I hope you will indulge me with a very personal post.

May I thank all the kind friends and parishioners who have given me all their best wishes, kept me in the prayers and much more. I take great comfort in all these prayers and Masses being said for my intention.

I am going into hospital tomorrow and hope to be out 7-10 days from then providing there are no complications.

It is quite major surgery but the doctors tell me it is a relatively "easy" one too.

I am sure Our Lord and Our Lady will give me the strength I need. The operation is on the birthday of our beloved departed former Parish Priest, Fr Charles Higham SJ, so I am sure that has a meaning known in heaven.

Given these circumstances there may be some delays with future posts on the Parish web-site [though I hope to semi-smuggle a lap top into hospital early next week when I have some strength back ;-)].

So again a big thanks to everyone in the Parish, especially of course our Parish Priest, Fr Paul Joseph, for his support, encouragement and help. He says there is an onion bhaji waiting with my name on it!

No comments: